15. $1000 Donor Wall

Previous | Index | Next

Proceed down the stairs and turn left at the bottom. On the left, opposite the lower entrance doors, there is the $1,000.00 Donor Wall. The bricks for this memorial wall came from the chimney of the creamery that was located on the present Mill Street west. Built in 1885 by Isaac J. Gould, son of Joseph Gould, it replaced the original frame building which was destroyed by fire. It was used as an oat mill until 1887 and after that a carding and wooden mill. It also supplied Uxbridge with itŐs first electricity in 1924. It then became the creamery. In the fall of 1983 the last of the creamery, the chimney, was taken down and some of the bricks were restored to supply the library with memorial wall. A picture of the original chimney is downstairs on the wall. The idea for the Memorial wall was introduced by Jack Ballinger. The bricks on the upper floor of the library were purchased for $100.00 and the bricks in the lower foyer were $1000.00. This money went to offset the cost of the renovation in 1987.

Donors

E. Liud
Ray & Jean Newton & family
1973 Lorne Sheridan & family
1953 Margaret R. Hewitt
1905 Stemp family
1897 M.L. Nutting family
1948 H.Hudson & family
1858-1941 J.F. Brownscombe
Sterling Trust
Brian & Nancy St. John
1880 Jennie & Howard Colby
Spring Water Days
1930 R.C.L. Branch 170
In loving memory, Clarence Colby
In memory of Mr. & Mrs. Kelly
The Gorgon Foundation
Grangeways
John & Bill Low & families
BahaŐI Community of Uxbridge
Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
Chuck & Marg Myers, Craig, Pam
Mr.& Mrs. T. F. Thompson
Myrtle & Freda
Harry & Freda Watson
Uxbridge Scott Fair Board
1938 Allie & Joe Watson
Mary & Dint Moore
John, Molly, Dorothy Taylor
R.J.J. St. John 1835-1894
In memory of Matthew I. Geer 1980-1985
1853 Noble family
C. Patricia Bailey 1986
W.J. Wood 1982
Violet & George Painter
Charles & Maude Gould
Students of U.S.S. 1984
1962-1978 Frank Keyzers
Kinsmen & Kinettes
Wigdor family
Horace & Annie Morrison
Uxbridge Tractor Pull
Don & Ruth, Hugh & Ruth
Bryon family
Bright family
1840 Acton family
Mcgivern family
The Keyzers family
Mr. & Mrs. J.E. Littlejohn
Douglas & Susan Wilson
Maxwell, Olive, Garnet, Harold
T.D. Bank
1850 Haynes family
1986 Uxbridge Lions & Lionettes
Glenn Gould Estate
In memory of Brian Jay Ball 1960-1983
Allan & Anne Wells & Family

Previous | Index | Next